If you’re like some savvy people, you enjoy going off the beaten track, experiencing new things from foreign countries. Perhaps a little bored with coffee and tea, you’re looking for drinks that are unusual but hold the promise of good health. Yerba maté is one such product. Yerba maté benefits have been known for a long time and these are now coming to the attention many consumers.
It has been enjoyed by South Americans for centuries. It is a beverage that is full of nutrition. Not only does it contain many vitamins (A, C, E, B1 and B2 among others) but also a variety of minerals such as calcium, manganese, iron, and selenium. Yerba maté benefits may outweigh those offered by green tea, since it contains a much higher level of antioxidants.
Yerba maté is noted for its ability to increase a person’s physical endurance and there is indication it benefits the aging process. The mix of antioxidants and amino acids in this drink may improve the well-being of the cardiovascular system and prevent hardening of the arteries.
Those trying to lose weight quickly discover that yerba maté helps take off the pounds. The primary reason is that it will slow down digestion so the person doesn’t feel hungry. When this beverage is combined with other elements of a healthy lifestyle (good diet, exercise, etc.) it may increase metabolism thus burning off unnecessary calories. The digestive system is also aided by its ability to stimulate production of gastric acids that help break down food.
Some people consider this a wonder drink because of all the benefits of yerba maté. It does have caffeine, but the other nutrients in it serve to counterbalance any adverse effects. Drinkers of this beverage have noticed that they can stay alert for longer periods of time, but do not have the headaches typically associated with drinking coffee.
All the health bonuses are still being researched and more may be uncovered. Before anybody rushes out to buy a large quantity of it, a little caution is advised. It’s a healthy drink but needs to be consumed in moderation, or you can get yerba maté benefits in a supplement. Just like coffee or any other natural stimulant, drinking large quantities of yerba maté can have an adverse effect on certain people. A moderate level of consumption, such as one or two cups a day, allows a person to benefit from the South American drink without serious side effects. Consuming a supplement is another safe way to monitor your dosage.
People like this drink because it is an alternative to coffee without some of coffee’s side effects. It is becoming a very popular drink outside of South America, thanks to yerba mate’s benefits, and as more benefits are discovered, more and more people may make the switch from coffee.
Eight Steps To Improve Your Energy
Let’s face it: the demands on women today are intense! From time to time we all feel overwhelmed. Here are eight steps to improve your energy – and your health – so that you can deal with your busy life with the energy you had as a teenager.
- Eat a healthful and well-balanced diet. Whole grains, vegetables, and fruits provide us with sustained energy along with essential fibre, vitamins, and minerals. Ensure adequate protein to build and maintain lean muscle mass. Good protein sources include fish, lean poultry, beans and seeds.
- Develop good sleep habits. Aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Get into a routine of going to bed and rising at the same time each day. If you are struggling to get a good night sleep, consider a natural remedy that contains L-theanine, 5-HTP and melatonin. These nutrients can help improve sleep quality.
- Get regular exercise. Exercise boosts energy levels and improves your overall feeling of well-being. It also helps reduce stress and improves sleep. Try walking or bike riding.
- Manage your stress. Try meditation, yoga or deep breathing exercises. Simply taking five deep breaths when you feel stressed can help promote immediate calming and relaxation.
- Take a high-quality multivitamin with antioxidants. A multi can help make up for gaps in your diet and ensure that your body gets all the vital nutrients needed to function optimally and to improve your energy. B-vitamins are required for energy production in the body and they also help combat the effects of stress. Antioxidants fight free radical damage, which can result from too much stress. Look for a multi that contains antioxidants, such as pomegranate, lycopene, and grape seed extract.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and nicotine. Alcohol makes you drowsy and impairs sleep. Nicotine it a potent stimulant that can cause irritability, anxiety, and impair sleep quality.
- Drink adequate fluids. Dehydration can cause fatigue, headache and impair concentration. Drink lots of purified water and when you feel like you want a boost have a cup of green tea. The antioxidants and amino acids in green tea can boost energy levels and provide other health benefits.
- Consider a natural energy booster. Certain herbs and nutrients can help increase energy levels and stamina without causing over-stimulation. Look for a supplement like femMED Energy that contains ingredients such as guarana, ginseng, green tea and rhodiola to help give you a lift.
If you suffer with persistent fatigue, talk to your doctor. Aside from stress and lack of sleep, fatigue may be caused by prescription medication, depression, low thyroid, fibromyalgia, and anemia.
You May Also Be Interested In