Dietary Strategies to Help Women Lose Weight
Following a healthy diet is very important when you’re trying to lose weight. Skipping meals or following a fad diet is not the way to go. Instead, follow the nutritional principles for optimum health. In particular, keep the following weight loss tips for women in mind:
- Eat four to five small meals/snacks daily to keep your metabolism and energy level optimized.
- Watch your portion sizes.
- Avoid processed, refined, and fast foods as they are high in calories and low in nutritional value.
- Ensure adequate protein intake. Protein is essential for building and maintaining lean muscle mass, and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn.
- Fill up on fibre. Fibre is digested slowly so it keeps you feeling more full and also helps balance blood sugar levels. femMED Weight Management contains psyllium, a fibre supplement.
- Drink eight to 10 glasses of water daily. This is one of the most important weight loss tips for women. Water works with fibre to keep you feeling full. It also helps with the removal of toxins and waste.
- Limit alcohol. Alcohol floods the body with empty calories.
- Fitness. Regular physical activity is essential to achieving a healthy body weight. Aim for one hour of moderately intense activity daily. If you are currently not active, start slowly and gradually increase your duration and intensity. Follow the guidelines for cardiovascular activities, resistance training, and stretching.
Other Lifestyle Strategies
- Reduce your stress. Stress can trigger appetite and food cravings and increases the production of cortisol, a hormone that promotes fat storage around the abdomen.
- Aim for seven to nine hours of sleep per night.
- If you find that your eating habits are tied to your emotions, consider counseling or a support group.
You May Also Be Interested In: