Eight Steps to Improve Your Energy and Your Health
Let’s face it: the demands on women today are intense! From time to time we all feel overwhelmed. Here are eight steps to improve your energy – and your health – so that you can deal with your busy life with the energy you had as a teenager.
- Eat a healthful and well-balanced diet. Whole grains, vegetables, and fruits provide us with sustained energy along with essential fibre, vitamins, and minerals. Ensure adequate protein to build and maintain lean muscle mass. Good protein sources include fish, lean poultry, beans and seeds.
- Develop good sleep habits. Aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Get into a routine of going to bed and rising at the same time each day. If you are struggling to get a good night sleep, consider a natural remedy that contains L-theanine, 5-HTP and melatonin. These nutrients can help improve sleep quality.
- Get regular exercise. Exercise boosts energy levels and improves your overall feeling of well-being. It also helps reduce stress and improves sleep. Try walking or bike riding.
- Manage your stress. Try meditation, yoga or deep breathing exercises. Simply taking five deep breaths when you feel stressed can help promote immediate calming and relaxation.
- Take a high-quality multivitamin with antioxidants. A multi can help make up for gaps in your diet and ensure that your body gets all the vital nutrients needed to function optimally and to improve your energy. B-vitamins are required for energy production in the body and they also help combat the effects of stress. Antioxidants fight free radical damage, which can result from too much stress. Look for a multi that contains antioxidants, such as pomegranate, lycopene, and grape seed extract.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and nicotine. Alcohol makes you drowsy and impairs sleep. Nicotine it a potent stimulant that can cause irritability, anxiety, and impair sleep quality.
- Drink adequate fluids. Dehydration can cause fatigue, headache and impair concentration. Drink lots of purified water and when you feel like you want a boost have a cup of green tea. The antioxidants and amino acids in green tea can boost energy levels and provide other health benefits.
- Consider a natural energy booster. Certain herbs and nutrients can help increase energy levels and stamina without causing over-stimulation. Look for a supplement like femMED Energy that contains ingredients such as guarana, ginseng, green tea and rhodiola to help give you a lift.
If you suffer with persistent fatigue, talk to your doctor. Aside from stress and lack of sleep, fatigue may be caused by prescription medication, depression, low thyroid, fibromyalgia, and anemia.
You May Also Be Interested In