Heart Health For Women: What You Need To Know To Stay Healthy
Heart disease kills more women every year than all types of cancer combined. 45% of Canadian women between the ages of 18 to 74 have cholesterol levels that are too high. High cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart attack and stroke. What do you need to know about heart health for women?
90% of Canadians have at least one risk factor for heart disease or stroke (smoking, alcohol, physical inactivity, obesity, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, diabetes).
8 Reasons Why Heart Disease is the # 1 Killer of Women.
1. Symptoms of a heart attack can be different for women. Although chest pain remains the most common symptom of a heart attack for both men & women, women often experience the pain differently and may describe it as discomfort as opposed to pain and some women can experience a heart attack without any chest pressure.
2. Heart disease more often affects women later in life than men.
3. Women often delay going to the doctor, or fail to seek treatment altogether since they chalk up their symptoms to less life threatening conditions like acid reflux, the flu or normal aging.
4. Women are often treated less aggressively than men, and women’s symptoms may be dismissed as related to anxiety or emotions.
5. Women are more likely than men to die after a first heart attack.
6. Standard testing (angiogram) may not pick up heart disease in women due to differences in the formation of plaque.
7. Women have been under-represented in the studies used to set the standards for detection and treatment of heart disease.
8. Women are more affected by stress, which is one of the common risk factors for heart disease. Stress causes the arteries to go into spasm and can trigger a heart attack.
Think You’re Too Young To Worry About Heart Disease?
The Canadian Health Measures Survey released in 2010 showed that 27% of people aged 20 to 39 had high levels of total cholesterol over the study period.
It can be prevented.
While heart disease is the greatest threat to health that women face, studies have shown that you can reduce the risk of heart disease by following a heart-healthy lifestyle. That includes eating well, being physically active, maintaining a healthy weight, and reducing stress. And consider supplements for heart health for women that have been studied for their heart health benefits.
All 8 ingredients in femMED Heart Health for women work together to promote a healthy heart.
Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) that offer many benefits for heart health by lowering cholesterol, preventing clotting and reducing inflammation. Coenzyme Q10 is a potent antioxidant which is involved in energy production in the heart. It protects LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and helps lower blood pressure. Conjugated linoleic acid helps lower cholesterol levels and reduces body fat. Folic acid, and vitamins B6 and B12 work to lower homocysteine levels and support heart health.
Proof that femMED’s Heart Health Supplement Works:
“”Heart disease is largely preventable. Women need to do everything they can to protect themselves agains their number one health threat. Among my recommendations are that women eat a heart-healthy diet, get regular exercise and take a supportive supplement, such as femMEDs Heart Health. femMED’s Heart Health contains a high-quality, pharmaceutical grade fish oil. Numerous studies have shown that fish oil can reduce multiple risk factors for heart disease. femMED’s Heart Health also contains co-enzyme Q10, an important antioxidant for the heart and entire body, along with other supportive nutrients.”
Sherry Torkos, BSc Phm., Registered Pharmacist, health author and fitness expert
Customers Just Like You Find Success With Heart Health
I recently lost 40 lbs and started to get in shape. I joined a gym and really started paying attention to what I ate. My mother died of a heart attack at 54 and I was headed the same way. My doctor told me about Heart Health and how important it was to make sure I was doing all I could to protect myself. I started taking Heart Health last month and feel good that I am doing all I can to live a long life.
P.S. It was really easy to order online and your staff were great. Keep up the great work!
Shelley, New York, NY
How Is Heart Disease Different in Women?
- Years ago it was thought that heart disease was the same for women and men. Today we know that there are unique factors in women:
- Symptoms of a heart attack can be different for women. They may include fatigue, nausea, or pain in the shoulder, neck, or stomach, rather than the typical chest pain and shortness of breath.
- Heart disease more often affects women later in life than men. Nonetheless, younger women who have heart disease often do less well than men because it can be unrecognized by both the woman and her doctor.
- Women often delay going to the doctor, or fail to seek treatment altogether.
- Women are often treated less aggressively than men, and women’s symptoms may be dismissed as related to anxiety or emotions.
- Women are more likely than men to die after a first heart attack.
- Standard testing (angiogram) may not pick up heart disease in women due to differences in the formation of plaque. In women, plaque may form more smoothly against the artery walls, whereas in men it clumps up and is more apparent with testing. In addition, in some women the plaque buildup may be in the small vessels of the coronary arteries, which cannot be seen by the angiogram.
- Women have been under-represented in the studies used to set the standards for detection and treatment of heart disease, and studies about heart health for women are hard to find.
- Women are more affected by stress, which is one of the common risk factors for heart disease. Stress causes the arteries to go into spasm and can trigger a heart attack. Women today have increased responsibilities— managing careers and taking care of the family and the home—and often put the needs of others ahead of their needs.
At femMED we stand by our products and want you to be 100% satisfied with them. If you are not satisfied with any product purchased from our online store, we will issue a complete refund within 30 days of purchase (less shipping charges). Learn more about our Empty Bottle Money-Back Guarantee/Return Policy.
If you have any questions about whether femMED is right for you, we urge you to contact us by phone, email, or on Facebook. We want to help you make the right decision about how to manage heart health for women just like you.