If you’re one of the millions of women who suffer from Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), you know how uncomfortable and inconvenient they can be: constantly feeling like you have to go, but only a few drops coming out when you do; a burning feeling when you do go . . . What if preventing your next outbreak was as simple as taking an all-natural supplement once a day?
femMED UTI Prevention is the perfect formula for keeping your urinary tract bacteria-free. Almost all UTIs are caused by just one strain of bacteria, and our formula helps to create a coating on the walls of your urinary tract so that bacteria can’t stick.
You could drink a large glass of cranberry juice every day to take advantage of the same bacteria-fighting properties as one UTI Prevention, but the expense of a 100% pure cranberry juice (and the sheer amount of sugars per glass) don’t make this a realistic option for most women. Let’s face it: not everybody wants a glass of cranberry juice every day – especially people who are prone to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or other digestive issues. And if you’re diabetic or watching your blood sugar, you definitely don’t want to add a glass of cranberry juice to your morning ritual.
What causes UTIs?
Urinary tract infections are primarily caused by one bacteria. Between 80 and 90% of all infections are caused by E.coli, a bacteria you have probably heard of. It lives in your intestines normally, but if it travels to your urinary tract, then you will get that familiar burning sensation.
People who have diabetes are at special risk for UTIs, due to changes in their immune system. Same goes for people who have kidney stones or an enlarged prostate gland (men only, obviously!)
And as to why women are so much more susceptible than men, women have shorter urethras than men, which puts us at greater risk of having bacteria to travel up to the bladder without being stopped.
There are several steps you can take to help prevent these infections in the future. If you’re susceptible to recurring UTIs (or if you’ve only had one and you are determined never to have another one!), follow these general steps.
- Susceptible already? Avoid regular grocery-store grade antibiotic-fed poultry. They may transmit antibiotic-resistant superbug versions of E.coli. Opt for chickens and turkeys that were raised without chemicals.
- Drink plenty of water or herbal tea to keep your entire system clean.
- Gotta go? Don’t hold it in! Go whenever you need to.
- When you do go, wipe from front to back, to prevent bacteria from your bowels from reaching your urinary tract.
- For similar reasons, cleanse ‘down there’ with water or a cleansing wipe before you have sex. And after a romp, be sure to pee.
- And of course, take a cranberry supplement to prevent certain bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract walls.
UTI Prevention is specially-formulated to help you beat the odds: nearly 20% of all women who get a UTI will get another, but our formula can give you the support you need to prevent recurrences.