For nearly 1 in 3 women, menopause has the same or greater impact on their daily lives as bearing and raising children. The average age of menopause is 50 to 51 years of age but it can occur naturally between the ages of 40 and 55.
Most women will experience one or more symptoms during menopause such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings and sleep disturbance. Natural remedies for menopause can help you manage the changes in your body without putting you at risk.
Am I in Menopause?
The milestone of menopause is reached when a woman goes one year without a menstrual period. The average age for menopause is about 51, but it can occur naturally between ages 40 and 55. The decade or so before menopause is now referred to as peri-menopause. During this time hormone levels fluctuate and the menstrual cycle becomes erratic. Some months you may have a period and others you may not. However, during this time you may still be able to get pregnant.
Some women sail through menopause with no symptoms at all, while others struggle for months or even years. The symptoms can be linked to an imbalance of hormones:
- Low estrogen causes vaginal dryness, incontinence, foggy head, and depression.
- Low progesterone causes low libido, depression, fatigue, foggy head, headache, irritability, memory loss, and fluid retention.
- Low testosterone causes low libido, fatigue, and bone loss.
- Estrogen dominance—a drop in progesterone levels and an accumulation in the body of estrogen-like chemicals called xenoestrogens—causes the same symptoms as those of low progesterone.
How Does Menopause Relief Help Reduce Your Menopausal Symptoms
All 7 ingredients found in femMED Menopause Relief, femMED’s comprehensive formula, uniquely address the most common symptoms and offers the following natural remedies for menopause:
- Black Cohosh helps reduce hot flashes, headaches, nervousness, depression and irritability and improves vaginal dryness and sleep quality.
- Dong Quai has a long history of use in Chinese medicine for alleviating menopausal symptoms.
- Pomegranate contains the richest source of plant estrogens and is a powerful antioxidant.
- All other ingredients in this formulation work together to support relief of Menopausal symptoms.
Other Natural Remedies for Menopause
There are a number of lifestyle measures that can greatly improve health during menopause:
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage contain compounds that help the liver process hormones while reducing the risk of breastcancer.
- Soy foods (tofu, soy milk, soybeans, soy nuts) contain isoflavones (plant-based estrogens) that help to minimize menopausal symptoms, offer protection against breast cancer, and improve bone health.
- Flaxseeds are a rich source of fibre, which promotes bowel regularity, reduces the risk of colon and breast cancer, and lowers cholesterol.
- Flaxseeds also contains lignan (phytoestrogens) that may help reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Stress can make menopausal symptoms more pronounced. Meditation, yoga, and breathing techniques can help reduce stress.
- Regular exercise can improve physical and emotional well-being. Studies have shown that regular exercise reduces the frequency and severity of hot flashes. It also protects against heart disease.
- Smoking can worsen hot flashes and symptoms of anxiety, irritability and depression.
Why Natural Remedies for Menopause Instead of the Alternative?
The Case Against HRT for All Women
Years ago hormone replacement therapy was offered to most women in menopause, regardless of whether they had symptoms, as it was thought that hormones could protect against heart disease and osteoporosis. Several large studies conducted over the past 10 years have found that while hormones do help prevent bone loss, they can increase the risk of heart disease, stroke, and breast cancer. For these reasons, hormones are now used only for women experiencing severe symptoms that cannot be helped by other measures, and they are used at low doses for short periods of time (less than five years).
The risks and rewards of hormone replacement therapy should be carefully considered before undertaking this protocol. Many women do very well using natural remedies for menopause treatments.
At birth women have about one million eggs in their ovaries. At puberty ovulation starts; eggs are released by the ovaries each month for the purpose of conception. As the years go by the amount of eggs gradually decline until menopause, when the ovaries shut down and stop producing estrogen and progesterone— the two main female sex hormones. Menopause usually happens naturally as women age, but it can occur for other reasons, such as the removal of both ovaries, or subsequent to radiation or chemotherapy.
Once a woman reaches menopause and the ovaries are in retirement, the adrenal glands, which supply some sex hormones throughout life, become the primary supplier. Women who have poor adrenal function, which can be caused by chronic stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, or excessive caffeine, are not able to provide adequate hormone amounts, and may have more severe menopausal symptoms.
Estrogen can also be produced in the fat cells from angrogens. This is why obese women often experience fewer symptoms of estrogen deficiency than thin women.
Dr. Pettle, Obstetrician Gynecologist, and specialist in integrative medicine on femMED Menopause Relief
“I have long been a firm believer in the benefits of natural medicine, and for menopausal symptoms in particular, I recommend products containing clinically proven ingredients such as black cohosh, dong quai, chastetree berry to name a few. My patients have done very well with the femMED products. I know this company has done the necessary research that is vital for a successful outcome with my patients”, says Dr. Pettle, Obstetrician Gynecologist, and specialist in integrative medicine.
Customers Just Like You Find Success With Menopause Relief
I’ve tried so many natural products claiming to reduce hot flashes and night sweats and none of them have worked. I was very reluctant to try yet another natural product, but I was desperate and decided to give Menopause Relief a try. After only one week my hot flashes became ‘warm flashes,’ and after three weeks they were GONE! Your product did everything you said it would. THANK YOU!
Marsha B. Toronto, ON
At femMED we stand by our products and want you to be 100% satisfied with them. If you are not satisfied with any product purchased from our online store, we will issue a complete refund within 30 days of purchase (less shipping charges). Learn more about our famous Empty Bottle Guarantee: Money-Back Guarantee/Return Policy
If you have any questions about whether femMED is right for you, we urge you to contact us by phone, email, or on Facebook. We want to help you find natural remedies for menopause and make the right decision for your health.